The Escrow Officer performs tasks that include business development, preparing escrow instructions, holding and disbursing funds, communicating with all parties involved with the Real Estate transaction, preparing title documents and obtaining parties’ signatures on paperwork. The successful candidate has strong interpersonal skills as well as the ability to be organized and think analytically. This role is the key representative for the Company and often the final impression left with the customers and clients. The Escrow Officer maintains professional conduct in and outside of a closing transaction.
Measures of Success:
- Business Development: Consistently meets or exceeds personal revenue goal as well as company goal. Has a 95% retention rate with existing clients.
- Customer Service: 90% of feedback received indicates customer would return to do business with us again.
- Efficient: Effectively closes more than 30k in revenue monthly.
- Accuracy: Files are audit ready and file passes.
- Communication – being an effective communicator will show to be a huge measure of success.
- Exhibits and manages time for business development focusing on existing clients for retention and new business growth.
- Effectively tracks calls, appointments and marketing activities in Sales Force.
- Comes prepared to be accountable in marketing meetings.
- Attends at a minimum two marketing events a month.
- Focuses on continuous learning; reads one marketing/sales training book each quarter or attend a sales, marketing, business or leadership seminar.
- Continuously develops business relationships with lenders, Realtors and industry professionals.
- Stay in communication with Closing Manager, Pre and Post Closing Assistants as to the status of upcoming and recently closed files.
- Stays abreast of the status of all files and updates parties as needed.
- Manages the overall closing process.
- Follows up after the closing turning customers into repeat clients.
- Reviews contract, title commitment, and lender instructions in order to prepare settlement statements and the necessary real estate documents for closing.
- Submits error free Settlement Statement to lender for approval
- Resolves all post-closing issues according to company standard.
- Provides a professional closing experience to include obtaining appropriate signatures, handling of good funds, and meeting all title and lender requirements.
- Communicates with Buyer/Seller/Realtors/Lender the status of file.
- Demonstrates complete knowledge and ability to handle a Real Estate transaction from receipt of contract to funding and disbursement.
- Solid knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, legal documents and real property law.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent people skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to job.
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills.
- Ability to keep learning and stay abreast of Real Estate trends.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts (e.g., statistical inferences), the fundamentals of geometry, and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios to practical situations.
- Excellent computer skills in Closing Software (Ramquest a plus) Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel,), and Adobe Suite.
- 5 years in the title industry or related field
- BA or equivalent work experience
- Must have current Notary
- Up to date Escrow license
- Salary and commission.
- Texas Secure Title Company remains an honest and open employment center. Any inquiries about current job postings will remain confidential with the current HR Manager and interested Candidate.